Minecraft EarthGet App
There’s definitely a lot you can do in Minecraft, and creating virtual copies of well-known monuments and buildings is one of the most popular pastimes among Minecraft fans. Well, now that Minecraft Earth is about to be officially released, you no longer have to stay inside to play your favorite game.
Minecraft Earth is an augmented reality game that aims to combine the real world with the familiar landscapes and structures made from colorful blocks. The developers have done a good job keeping the new project a secret, so a lot of the work on the new game has already been done. This means that the release date can’t be too far from the Minecraft Earth announcement date (May 2019).
The concept behind Minecraft Earth is not new: Pokemon Go has already successfully created an augmented reality where you can catch Pokemon in the real world. Still, Minecraft Earth is definitely going to bring exciting new features and ways of exploring its own unique world.
Users with older phones don’t need to worry: Minecraft Earth can be installed on any device that runs Android 7.0+ or iOS 10+. That being said, it is an AR game that relies on your phone’s camera to create the best experience, so be prepared to carry a powerbank with you as you play.
How to Play Minecraft Earth?
If you’re familiar with the idea of augmented reality, you probably already have some expectations of what Minecraft Earth could turn out to be. Otherwise, you’ll need to know that AR technologies aim to blend virtual elements with your real-life surroundings. This way, the familiar creatures and mobs can appear on the streets, in parks, or even in your room! Just like in Minecraft, they will challenge your survival. Depending on where you live, your environment may turn out to be a tough one!
It also comes as no surprise that you can craft various things and structures from blocks in Minecraft Earth. The innovative part here is the ability to place your creations in your real-life environment. The objects your place are going to be visible for other gamers, so you’ll also be able to explore what others have created and possibly draw inspiration for your own cube masterpieces.
You can also collaborate with other players to make ambitious plans and ideas part of the (virtual) reality, but in this case you’ll all have to be in the same location. Offline collaboration brings another fun and exciting aspect into Minecraft Earth, allowing players to attend pre-arranged meetings with their friends or spontaneously drop in on a meetup announced through Discord, Facebook, and similar media.
Do I Have to Pay for Minecraft Earth?
While the finer details are still unknown, it is highly likely that Minecraft Earth is going to be a free-to-play game. The survey that has to be filled out by Minecraft Earth beta testers contains a question as to whether you like free-to-play games, and we think the question definitely has something to do with how Minecraft Earth is monetized.
- Gameplay 550
- Graphics 550
- Replay Value 550
- Controls 550
- Fortnite Fortnite is a battle royale game that has taken the world by storm. Although it is a relatively new game, it has already amassed a huge following of d...
- Grand Theft Auto V GTA V is a criminal simulator and action game. Set in the massive city of Los Santos, it challenges you to make your way to the top of the outlaw hier...
- Hello Neighbor Hello Neighbor is an entertaining survival horror game with an unusual graphics style choice. It was released in December 2017. It is a single-player...
- Call of Duty®: Mobile Call of Duty®: Mobile is a new Call of Duty game for mobile devices developed by Tencent Games and released by Activision in October 2019. Call of...
- Secret Neighbor Hello Neighbor is a stealth horror game about sneaking into your neighbor's house to find out what horrible secrets he's hiding in the basemen...
- Amazing Frog? Amazing Frog? is a 3D open world sandbox game developed and published by Fayju. The game was released for Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux in 2016....